Thursday 3 December 2015

Loving Thanksgiving in Boston!

Hello, after promising to be more strict about posting blogs, I haven't made a great start. This post doesn't contain any crafting either!
That's because I spent last week Stateside, getting to experience Thanksgiving for the first time. My sister and I met up with two of our cousins in Boston. My cousin, Kate, is in her third year of university in America, we promised to visit and Boston isn't too far from her. Her brother, Mark, flew over from Ireland to meet us as well.
We had the best time (easy in great company) and Boston is wonderful!
Not being American, Thanksgiving doesn't really mean much to us, so we weren't sure what to expect, but we had such a good day. It was like an early Christmas (without the pressies), spending time with family and eating delicious food. Actually I'm thinking of adding spiced, mashed, sweet potato to our Christmas menu with roasted pumpkin seeds on top- super yum. 
To add to the fabulous feeling of Christmas we watched the Blink Christmas Tree Lights to Music Show, in Faneuil Hall Marketplace, every night we were there.
The one shame about our trip is that I missed going into a wool shop by about 30 seconds! As part of the Freedom Trail we visited the Old South Meeting House and stayed until closing time. On our way out, I found out there was a wool shop right beside it (which could even be enter from the Meeting Hall's gift shop) and it was closing too and I didn't have a chance to go back- not good! Ah well, you can't have it all.
I did get some crochet done en route though - the beauty of a long flight. You'll never here me complain- it's the perfect excuse to sit for hours hooking away ;-) 
I'll share that next time, until then - craft in earnest, Craftin' Ernest x

No comments:

Post a Comment