Sunday 29 September 2013

Resin8

Yesterday I attended a one day course in resin jewellery run by resin8.
http://www.resin8.co.uk/
I had seen them demonstrate at a craft show in Cardiff I had attended a couple of years ago. I bought a few things off them, including a button mould! However, I wasn't overly confident about using the stuff. So my yummy hubby bought me the course for my birthday as they're workshop is only an hour away from where we live in Winchcombe, North Gloucestershire, a really beautiful and unspoilt, quaint little town.
The course was run by Resin8's Clare John, what she doesn't know about resin isn't worth knowing. You can watch her do her magic on YouTube....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ntPY5jljjc
I really enjoyed the day and learnt so much. I had a lot of fun experimenting and made SIX different items. We were shown a number of different techniques to try, all were great learning experiences.
Due to the time constraints it was not possible to completely finish each piece with a doming layer on top. I think this really finishes a piece off so I bought some "doming resin" and, with the confidence I gained yesterday, I completed them at home today! You can buy everything you need from their website.
One item wasn't set enough to transport home so I have the excitement of it arrivng at some point in the post.
The course also included lunch, we had a truly delicious homemade soup and chunky wholemeal bread, it really fuelled our creativity and kept us going. I would highly recommend attending if you want to learn about resin
I'm really looking forward to making more and experimenting with the techniques and making buttons inset with buttons! There's so many different things to try....

Until next time, craft in earnest. Craftin' Ernest x

No comments:

Post a Comment